Slide Show

2nd Triathlon- Cooper Center 7-26-08

OKLAHOMA

Monday, April 7, 2008

COUNTDOWN!! 19 Days Left!!

Funny Story:
Only my friends are privileged to this info...
Saturday, Char and I decide to go for a ride. We were on the road out in Argyle and it was beautiful. Just cruising around about 35W and 407-- Char gets a flat tire. So we stop at the local (hood) gas station. I told her I would go and get the car and bring the car back to her. As I headed off back to 407 and 1830 in Bartonville-- Char said "I think I came from the other way," I knew my Michiganders friend was probably confused so I headed off to get the car. About 9 miles into the ride (I was dying by this time) I thought "man we had come out a long way", about that time I looked up and the sign said "Fort Worth City Limits". I wanted to cry but I was laughing to hard. If you can't laugh at yourself then...
I headed back to the gas station and I will never forget the look on Char's face when I came up over the hill from the WRONG direction (on my bike--not in the car). by this time I was really tired so i told Char we would find someone to take us back to the car (not our husbands because we would have to swallow our pride) :):) We found a Flower Mound police officer, so he gave me a "courtesy ride" back to the car. As I pulled away in the back of the cop car I thought "WHAT ARE WE DOING".
Finally we got to the car and headed to the bike shop to get Char's tire fixed. the guy at the shop was so nice and showed us how to change our own tires on the road. Don't worry we now have the equipment we need. Scott said we need a GPS system on my bike and Char's husband told us we should probably "stick to Speed walking". :):) Very funny Brian.
Ahh the joys!! That was fun.

Tri training is going good. I love the cycling and the weather is so great! I really wish we didn't have to run, maybe I will just stay on my bike and ride past everyone. :):) I am pretty sure that is against the rules. We are definitely on the countdown and it is getting scary! I had strep throat and that was about a 5 day set back, but we are back on the road again.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious! You got a good work out though!